A Quick Guide to Chakra Meditation
Meditation is an ancient practice still used by many in the modern world. It is a method for focusing awareness to achieve mental clarity, emotional balance, and physical wellness. Regarding beginner meditation, chakras are a great place to start. These energy centers in the body can become blocked, disrupting well-being and balance. Meditating on them is a powerful way to heal and create positive energy.
What is a Chakra Meditation?
The seven chakras are the most significant energy centers in the body. Maintaining a balance between the seven is essential for overall well-being:
- The root chakra at the base of the spine represents your basic physical needs. Root chakra meditations focus on restoring certainty and stability.
- The sacral chakra is below the navel and governs emotional intelligence and creativity. Meditate here to connect to emotions and welcome new experiences.
- The solar plexus chakra in your stomach represents empowerment and self-esteem. Focus here when you are feeling powerless or lacking confidence.
- The heart chakra helps you connect with others and love yourself. Meditate on this chakra when you feel disconnected or need to build empathy and compassion.
- The throat chakra is responsible for communication and self-expression. Meditations on this chakra help you express yourself and live more authentically.
- The third eye chakra is in your forehead and represents insight and intuition. A meditation on the third eye clarifies your thoughts and helps you see where you belong in the world.
- The crown chakra is your source of spirituality. Meditate on it to connect to a higher power and feel one with the universe.
Chakra meditation is when you focus on one of your energy centers to unblock it, restore balance, or address specific associated issues. You can do it on your own or take part in guided chakra meditations.
The Benefits of Chakra Meditations
A chakra meditation aims to unblock an energy source to improve wellness. Blockages cause different symptoms depending on the chakra. For instance, if you feel lonely or disconnected from people, a heart chakra meditation can open you up to new connections and restore balance.
Chakra meditations can also alleviate physical symptoms. Each energy center connects to a part of the body. So, for example, if you have digestive issues, a root chakra meditation can help. Learn more about each chakra, and you will be able to identify your blockages and target them with focused meditation.
Does meditation help with chakra
Chakra meditations are specifically meant to help you unblock specific chakras. The goal is to unblock and harness the energy from a given chakra on which you’re focusing your meditation. By using meditation, you can connect to the invisible energies within you and open up new pathways to healing and growth.
Although there are many techniques you can use to unblock your chakras, a chakra meditation may be best as it allows you to bring full attention and awareness to yourself and your body and energy.
How do you meditate to activate chakras?
To meditate and activate your chakras, there are several steps you need to take.
- Step one - find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed by outside noises. It’s best to keep your phone away from you and sit in a place where you won’t be interrupted by someone.
- Step two - you can choose to do this meditation standing up, sitting down with your legs crossed, or lying down. Just make sure you feel comfortable and relaxed. Start taking a few deep breaths and focusing on your breathing, continue to breathe deeply, and allow yourself to relax.
- Step three - now focus on each chakra from the bottom up. Always start with the root chakra and finish with the crown chakra. It may be obvious what blocked chakras are affecting you, or you may learn as you go through it.
- Step four - as you go through the seven chakras, imagine each as discs or lotus flowers. As you breathe in, visualize light glowing from the chakra you’re focusing on. And as you breathe out, imagine all the stress flowing out of that chakra. If necessary, repeat this step on a chakra that still feels blocked; if not, move on to the next chakra.
- Step five - once you finish relieving the stress from each chakra, it’s time to focus on aligning all seven of them. All your chakras should be spinning clockwise. To realign your chakras, it’s important to meditate and visualize each chakra rotating clockwise.
After finishing on the crown chakra and unblocking and energizing it, slowly open your eyes. You should feel a sense of relief, calm, and clarity. If you think a guided chakra meditation may be more suitable based on your experience level, don’t hesitate to try it over doing this on your own.
What chakra should I meditate on?
The chakra you should meditate on depends on the problems you may be facing. You could be experiencing difficulties with several chakras or just one. It’s important to identify your blocked chakra for you to know where to focus most on healing and unblocking. Here are signs of what different chakras may be blocked:
- Root chakra - if you have any issue with your root chakra, you may experience digestive ailments, emotional unease, and physical disturbances.
- Sacral chakra - if your sacral chakra is unbalanced, you might experience an inability to cope with new experiences.
- Solar plexus chakra - this chakra may be off if you’re having trouble embracing and understanding the experiences and spiritual meaning within them.
- Heart chakra - respiratory issues and high blood pressure are two signs that this chakra is misaligned.
- Throat chakra - if you have an imbalance in your throat chakra, you may be experiencing feelings of isolation, unexplained physical ailments, or hormonal imbalances.
- Third eye chakra - you might have an imbalance third eye chakra if you struggle to understand the world well and how you’re connected to it.
- Crown chakra - when all other chakras are balanced, you should have normal and healing energy to connect with the world around you. Usually, when you have an unblocked and energized crown chakra, you should feel very confident, at peace, and secure with your life.
Meditating with the Chakra Frequencies
In addition to the energy centers in the body, some people connect each chakra with a sound frequency. Also known as solfeggio frequencies, these tones have been recognized since ancient times. Each chakra frequency connects an energy center:
- Root chakra – 432 Hz
- Sacral chakra – 480 Hz
- Solar plexus chakra – 528 Hz
- Heart chakra – 594 Hz
- Throat chakra – 672 Hz
- Third eye chakra – 720 Hz
- Crown chakra – 768 Hz
How do you align your chakras every day?
There are many ways you can align your chakras every day other than meditating. Meditating may be the most powerful, but sometimes you may find you want to align them in a particular way. Some different alternatives to align your chakra every day include:
- Sound healing
- Reconnecting with nature
- Chakra balancing chants or “mantras.”
How do you quickly align your chakras?
Aligning your chakras isn’t always a quick fix. It can take time. And some practices are more time-consuming than others. Of all the different ways to align your chakras, spending time outdoors or speaking mantras may be the best way to align your chakras quickly.
Whether you want to learn chakra meditation or mindfulness meditation, starting a meditation practice is a great way to improve overall mental and physical health and wellness. Consider adding chakra meditations to focus on specific areas of symptoms and imbalances. BetterSleep offers guided meditations with frequencies and other sounds to enhance your practice.
Learn more about 174 hz Solfeggio Frequency
Join us on a restful journey to sleep.
BetterSleep helps you fall asleep easily with soothing sounds, sleep meditations, bedtime stories, breathing exercises and much more.
Combine the different features and mix them together to create your own perfect sleep sanctuary!
Download BetterSleep now and join a community of millions of people we help guide to sleep every night.