Nature-Themed Meditations for Sleep
Meditation focuses the mind and releases stress from the worries and stresses of the day. With regular practice, you can gain more control over stress and other negative thoughts that keep you awake. Spending time outside in nature can also help you sleep better, so combine the two to improve your sleep.
Nature and Sleep
It might have been nature if you have been camping and slept like a baby. Researchers continue to find that time spent outdoors, especially in green spaces, improves sleep. One study found a strong correlation between outdoor time and better sleep, especially in older adults and men.
A reason for this might be that people who spend time outside are more active, and exercise benefits sleep. However, there does seem to be something inherently beneficial about being exposed to plants, animals, and fresh air separately from exercise.
Meditation and Sleep
Different kinds of meditations can help you sleep better too. Mindfulness meditation is particularly useful in battling insomnia and improving sleep quality. Meditation calms the mind. Mindfulness helps you focus on the present moment, so you can shut down worries and anxiety that keep you awake.
Meditations That Harness the Power of Nature
A combination of both nature and mindfulness can be powerful for sleep. You don’t have to be outside to visualize and benefit from nature. Try these meditations that take you through forests, under the ocean, and down rivers:
- Summer Meadow and Beachside Visualization. This is the ultimate escapist meditation to take you out of a tough day and help you drift off to sleep. Enjoy a walk on a pristine beach with the scents, sounds, and warmth of nature in summer.
- The River of Sleep Hypnosis. If a river is more your speed, enjoy this nighttime journey drifting down a stream with stars above and waterfalls gently relaxing you into sleep. The hypnosis element will help you slide into sleep.
- Under the Sea Hypnosis. Another hypnotic journey into sleep, this one takes you underwater to explore coral reefs and the life within them.
- Ara’s Ode to Mother Earth. This celebration of everything nature has to offer will take you through a visualization of all the earth has to offer. The appreciation of your place in the universe will ground you.
- Tranquil Lakeside Journey. This serene exploration takes you to a lakeside deep in Canada’s woods, where you can feel at one with nature. You’ll feel the cool water on your feet, watch the stars above, and listen for nighttime animals.
- Night Jungle Yoda Nidra. Yoga Nidra is a state of deep but conscious rest that can prepare your mind for sleep. On this journey, you’ll benefit from the concept of yoga Nidra as you slip through a nighttime jungle full of life.
- Soothing Savannah Hypnosis. Let the stress of the day and tomorrow’s worries take a back burner as you travel through the African savannah on this sleep-inducing hypnosis meditation.
Both meditation and exposure to nature can help you sleep better. Check out the BetterSleep app for more information and guided meditations to make part of your regular practice.
Join us on a restful journey to sleep.
BetterSleep helps you fall asleep easily with soothing sounds, sleep meditations, bedtime stories, breathing exercises and much more.
Combine the different features and mix them together to create your own perfect sleep sanctuary!
Download BetterSleep now and join a community of millions of people we help guide to sleep every night.