Meditation for beginners
Lucid dream meditation
Tips & Trick to Get Relaxed
1. Improve Your Mental Wellbeing
- Removing stressors from your life begins with the mind: It won’t take you long to incorporate these tips into your life, but they can have a big impact on your mental wellbeing.
- Learn how to say no: Try to avoid putting yourself in a position in which you have too many things to do and not enough time to do them. This can lead to feelings of self-defeat that will only make stress worse.
- Use audio tracks to help you relax: Researchers have discovered that certain sounds are not only relaxing but also do wonders for treating health conditions such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
- Write your stresses out on paper: According to scientists from Harvard Medical School, journaling is one of the most powerful ways of dealing with traumatic and stressful life experiences.
- Practice Meditation: If you need help meditating, begin with a guided meditation to help you get used to the core principles.
2. Get Active
- You can improve your attitude and decrease your stress by getting active: Keeping in tune with your body will keep you stress-free throughout the day.
- Try being active outside: Being exposed to nature and the outdoors can do wonders for lowering your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Fix your diet and supplementation: Limit your caffeine intake and avoid drinking it late in the day. Eat well-balanced meals and make sure to drink lots of water. Try to reduce or eliminate the use of cigarettes and drugs.
- Take big breaths: Deep breathing is one of the easiest and fastest ways to take control of your mental state.
3. Develop Social Connections
- Having a network of loved ones to support you during stressful times is important. Strong social connections will help you cope with stress.
- Spend quality time with friends and family: Being around loved ones can distract you from focusing on your stressful thoughts. Their love and support can also be helpful in unpacking your stress.
- Laugh out loud: Humor provides a different way of viewing the world by poking fun at your current beliefs and perceptions.
- Engage in physical intimacy: Regular physical contact and intimacy is a science-approved strategy for lowering your cortisol levels and feeling less stressed out.
- Hang out with your pet: Several studies conducted over the last decade found that animal companionship can boost our self-esteem, satisfy our need for physical contact, and lower our blood pressure.
Tips & Trick to Meditate for Sleep
1. Make it a nightly Routine
To really feel the benefits of meditation it is essential that you make it a habit. Take your time, start with a short meditation. Be patient and kind to yourself, meditation comes with practice.
2. Find the Right Environment
In order to get the most out of sleep meditation, make sure your bedroom is an oasis where you feel relaxed and comfortable. Avoid distractions such as laptops, televisions and tablets in the bedroom. Use white noises or relaxing music in the background.
3. Find the Right Position
Before beginning a sleep meditation, you should find a comfortable position so that you can gently fall asleep after your practice has ended. Turn off the lights, lie down, and snuggle up under the covers. The right position can help you with taking deep breaths, which are an essential part of meditation.
4. Clear Your Mind
Notice your thoughts and let them go. We know this is easier said than done. The most important thing to remember is to not get carried away with thoughts and distractions while you are meditating. Be kind to yourself. Choose a mantra that reminds you to be aware of your feelings, but to let them go until the morning.